It is with great joy that we inform you of the CIM’s recent acceptance to present our research at two prestigious, international conferences taking place in Chicago and Portugal. As we endeavour to build a credible academic institution, the recognition for our work amongst fellow academics is an important step forwards.
Our Head of Research and author of these works, Dr Obadah Ghannam, will be speaking on behalf of the CIM at both conferences. We request your prayers for the success of both of these presentations and the organisation overall.
Annual Islamic Bioethics Workshop
- Dr. Aasim Padela – “The Actors and Material of ‘Islamic’ Bioethics” and “Constructing an ‘Islamic Bioethics? Critical Concepts from Theology and Law”
- Dr. Obadah Ghannam – “Islamic Legal Views on Organ Donation”
- Sh. Omar Qureshi – “Health Risk Assessments: Examining the Reasoning Exercises of Medical Experts and Islamic Legists”
- Dr. Issam Eido – “Islamic Ethics: From Fiqh to Tasawwuf”
Islam and Bioethics International Conference
- Prof. Kai (Japan) – “End-of life decisions in Japan”
- Prof. Farhat Moazam (Pakistan) – The Challenge of “Doing” Bioethics in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan”
- Prof. Stefania Negri – “Ebola and Human Rights”